The mere act of surviving on a day to day basis is the foundation from which a true artist builds his craft. This is the introduction of the sensational artist we at Desi-Box.com are interviewing today.
This amazingly talented star comes from Birmingham, UK, dancer turned producer Khiza has successfully paved the way for a string of releases having combined his production with Bollywood, Reggae, Pakistani Pop, Garage, RnB & Bhangra.
After making everyone wait, Khiza is back with a smash hit new album titled “Turning Point”, showcasing many genres of music from across the world. The long awaited album has 4 new artists, who have been creating a big stir in the industry with their unique voices and still has big names such as; Abrar Ul Haq, Hadiqa Kiyani, Suman, Ams, Zeekay, Arnie, Marlon Binns and Khiza.
So without any hesitation lets hand you over to Asim Syed from the Desi-Box team who had this great opportunity to interview Khiza.
01. Asim DB: Everybody is wondering why did it take so long for Khiza to release an album?
Khiza: When you own your own record label you are your own boss, so I took my time and there was no pressure from anyone. I travelled to Pakistan and India searching for new talent which took time and when I was happy with my album then I said yes it’s time to release. So I took my time getting the right singers as I wanted a different feel to the album good things do take little time.
02. Asim DB: What made you choose the title ” Turning Point”? Was it any experiences that made you choose this title?
Khiza: I had this name in my head for ages so I thought let me just do a Turning Point. I thought it was best because it has every genre of music and with 20 tracks and 8 videos it truly was a Turning Point for me.
03. Asim DB: When you was making the album did you expect it to be such a hit all over the world and specially in Pakistan?
Khiza: I always try my best and give 100% in what I do and give what my fans what they deserve. When I was producing the tracks I knew this would do well internationally. Working with Omer Nadeem on the track Aey khuda I knew that was for bollywood audience and working with Nidhi Koli, Abrar Ul Haq and Hadiqa Kaini for the Bhangra Market, Suman and Mighty Moe from the Heartless Crew for the urban market. I think u can’t go wrong when you have 20 tracks for an international market with all kinds of flavour’s.
04. Asim DB: Where do you get all his inspiration from? and What goes through your mind while making the album once you’ve been inspired?
Khiza: I have taken inspiration from all kinds of music and mood. I get fan’s emailing me telling me what they favourite tracks are and also what they don’t like, this gives me an idea of what’s working and what’s not. I have taken a lot of inspiration from music that i have heard from around the world. When I’m in the process of recording a new track i always do this in coordination with my songwriters in India and Pakistan and share ideas and how we feel the track can be the best possible.
05. Asim DB: You introduced four new artists in the album, who feature on most of the songs on the album. As a producer do you feel confident with using new artists to headline the return of Khiza?
Khiza: I had 100% confidence in the artists because that is why i chose them for this project. I knew each artists would work perfectly with the individual track. When i heard Omar Nadeem for the first time, i thought WOW this guy is going to be the next big thing. When Aey Khuda was recorded it had hit written all over it.
I have 20 tracks on my album Turning Point so I had a choice of what tracks to push out first and it had to be Omer Nadeem’s Aey Khuda and Mashallah it’s a smash hit all over.
06. Asim DB: Your very well known for introducing fresh talent in the industry but one thing a lot of people are wondering is where & how do you find this fresh raw talent? What’s the secret?
Khiza: When you travel the world you always learn something new and also I have a good ear for music, if someone sends me a demo I can tell straight away whether it is a hit or a miss. If I hear anyone live I can tell if it’s a real talent. It’s a hard life out there and I have learned one thing in life is respect everyone, I know how it feels when you are just starting in the music game and no one is there to help you it’s a struggle. So I all ways help people out whenever they need my help. Finding fresh talent they just come to you at the right time at the right place and if its written for you then no one can stop that.
07. Asim DB: One name has been on a lot of people’s mind and that is Omer Nadeem. How did you meet Omer Nadeem? a lot of people say he is the next Atif Aslam. What do you think?
Khiza: I met Omer Nadeem in Lahore through a friend when I heard him for the first time I said dam…this guy is only 18 and his voice is mind blowing the first track we done was Dil Ka Diya then came Aey Khuda. We got on so well his like my younger brother his so talented he has 30 tracks all ready written. The best thing about him he plays guitar and he writes all his own tracks. So many people are saying he sounds like Atif Aslam, well Atif Aslam is a good friend of mine he has his own style. Some times in life you can sound like another singer, but as I say god has given Omer Nadeem a voice which inshallah he will shine all over the world.
08. Asim DB: Other than Omer Nadeem, Another name has been causing a explosion within the industry with her amazing explosive voice and that’s Nidhi Kohli. How did you hear about her? and when did you think to yourself that I’m going to defiantly make a few songs with her?
Khiza: My songwriter who is based in Delhi told me about her, when I heard a sample the first thing i said was ‘is she signed’?, he said no so she was signed to Khiza Music. When u listen to Dill Marjaane Nu, Tareyaan Dee Loye Loye you can feel the energy in her voice and see that it is mind-blowing. I then recorded 5 tracks for my album Turning Point with Nidhi Kohil who is 22 years old. I knew that with Omer Nadeem from Pakistan and Nidhi Kohli from India I would have the two markets in sight.
09. Asim DB: my big question to you is, I know your very close to Abrar Ul Haq and I have seen you at his performances back stage. How did you hook up with Abrar Ul Haq? For people that don’t know, this is Khiza’s second song with Abrar Ul Haq. First one of course being the smash hit ” Rano”.
Khiza: Abrar ul Haq is managed by two very close friends of mine who are based in Birmingham. I met him through them and we been working together since then. I produced a track on Abrar Ul Haq’s last album, track Rano which was a massive hit in UK and Pakistan. Then when I was recording my album Turning Point I emailed Abrar the track Hogya Ni Pyar and we took it from there. Then we shot the music video featuring Suman and I was very happy with the final result.
10. Asim DB: This one is for all the Abrar Ul Haq fans out there. Are we going to see Khiza doing anything on Abrar Ul Haq’s next album?
Khiza: Not at the moment, I will be busy promoting his track with Suman ‘Hogya Ni Pyar’. First it will be released online world exclusive on www.desi-box.com then all the TV channels in the UK. Then it will be released all the tv channels in Pakistan then I have to release in India so I will be very busy with the promotion of the track and video.
11. Asim DB: Everyone wants to know what made Khiza sing in this album? Is it something you have been doing from before or you just thought you try it? & Will we be hearing Khiza’s vocal talent in the future?
Khiza: *laughs* I want to make it clear I’m not a singer it was just for a laugh, so I recorded 2 tracks on my album. I’m happy producing music and launching new acts it’s good to have a laugh
Asim DB: 12. The 20 track album has some smashing songs on it but what is your favourite song from the album? Reason can be the song is close to your heart or you just enjoyed making the song.
Khiza: I love all 20 tracks its hard work day and night and travelling all over getting the right tracks all 20 tracks are my favourite, but the track Tareeyan Dee Loye Loye I just have to say one thing if you ever lost some one or heartbroken then you will know what I’m on about.
Asim DB: – Shooting Stars. This is our new fun way of getting to know our stars more. Just going to ask you random questions. If you don’t want to answer, just say pass.
Favourite Football Team or Sport if not any Team: Aston Villa
Favourite Colour: Baby Blue
Favourite City in the world: Lahore
Favourite Place in UK: London
Favourite Car: my new car *laughs*
Favourite Bollywood Actress: Rani Mukerjee
Favourite Asian Food: Chicken
What’s playing in your cd player right now: track called Jeena Mera by my new artist Aly Hash.
If you could collaborate with anyone in the world, who would it be? Can be from the past: Ustad Nasrat Fateh Ali Khan
If you could be anyone in the world, who would you be: A better version of Simon Cowel so I can sign every one and help their dreams cum true.
Asim DB: Thanks for that, Lets crack on with the rest of the questions
Asim DB: 12. Eid 2009 will see Khiza releasing the video for the amazing song “Hogya Ni Pyar”. The song that Abrar Ul Haq & Suman feat on, definitely one of my personal favourites being a big Abrar Ul Haq fan. What is the next video going to be?
Khiza: next video will be Dill Marjaane Nu featuring Nidhi Kohli & Mighy Moe (Heartless Crew).
13. Asim DB: How did you hook up with Mighty Moe from Heartless Crew?
Khiza: Mighty Moe is a good friend from back in the days, we still book him and the Heartless Crew for gigs in Birmingham. When I produced the drum n base version for Dil Marjaane Nu I knew I needed a mc on it, I emailed the track to Mighty Moe he loved it and we took it from there. The next step was the video which will air very soon.
14. Asim DB: Every artist has his own unique style of producing materials, in your eyes what are the best ingredients to make a successful album?
Khiza: The best thing is good singers, good lyrics which will appeal to everyone try to create your own style. Be different don’t copy and have videos with good storylines.
15. Asim DB: What are you currently working on? and what are the future plan of Khiza?
Khiza: Videos to watch out for Dil Marjaane Nu, Dil Ka Diya feat Omer Nadeem, Mashallah, Muhabataan feat Hadiqa Kiani and Why Are You So Alone feat ZeeKay. Albums to watch out for Jays new album, Hypa naz new album, Suman’ solo album, Nidhi Kohli’s solo album. Artist’s to watch Arun Ji, Aly Hash and Aryana. My new jeans label K.FAB Jeans 2010 for men and women.
16. Asim DB: Wow your own jeans label, can you release any more info on it?
Khiza: Everything will be revealed in 2010, you will see K.FAB Jeans shirts and trainers coming soon a product brought to you by Khiza and also K.Fab Watches (which you can seem me wearing in the Hogya Ni Pyar video).
17. Asim DB: Khiza, It was a pleasure interviewing you and would like to say that “Turning Point” was such an amazing album with refreshing music and beats. Any last messages for all the Desi-Box fans and all the Khiza fans out there?
Khiza: I just want to say thank you to all my fans who have supported me from day one you are the people who make it happen please keep me in ur dua’s (prayers). Desi-Box.com you guys are doing a great job keep up the good work and enough love to you guys for supporting up and coming artists. Eid Mubarak to everyone.
BUY: Khiza – Turning Point – iTunes